You can’t take the sky away from me.
I thought it was dorky at first,
Some random non sensical quote to sell a tshirt.
And then I got it,
And I awhnned inside.
I’ve have a tough year, probably one of the hardest of my
life.
My best friend and guy I was sort of “dating” cheated on me
behind my back.
I told my father I knew he molested me.
My family called me a liar.
I stopped believing in myself.
I’ve fantasized about suicide. Like planning my will.
As if having things that I leave behind covers everyone is
the most troubling issue.
I stopped talking to a guy who was my go to emotional
crutch, but who really made me weaker.
I lost all my money trying to cover school and living in the
city.
I lost my ability to want to pursue a career that I’d enjoy
(even if it pays nothing).
I lost a stepmom as a friend.
So much.
I am honestly surprised I’m still alive.
But I hear a song,
Or I see love happening in front of my eyes over the room
Or I read a phrase that reminds me to dream big
“You can’t take the sky from me,”
and I can’t help it
I awhnn inside.
There is a reason they called beauty “exquisite,"
there is a part of pain in the pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment