Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Today I went to hand out resumes. With my heavy bag carrying all I need, my glasses, my sweater, my water bottle, my 30 pack of perfectly stapled resumes, my wallet, my cell phone, my umbrella, all of it. All of it weighing down my shoulder and my fragile self esteem as I spent an entire day in the pouring rain walking through the entire city in sopping wet sneakers, trying to find someone who will at least give me a chance. Sounds like the next fucking tragic novel :P


I can't help it I hate this damn system. We work, we get money taken off our labour even before we get the money, we get change for our hours, then we spend it all on food and shelter because that's all we can cover. We are constantly running on this mouse wheel, work, work, work. Work or die. This is no time for exploring, for meditation, for some music, for some planning. This system steals our life, our hours, our time. And we love them anyways?

I understand why all those people blow their little extra cash on booze and partying, because what the hell else is there? It's not enough for vacation or to get out of this rat race, so they say fuck it. At least for one night I can forget it all.

But I can't drink with out puking or smoke a puff without crying so that leaves me pretty much fucked. What is it about this planet that everyone thinks the same things but no one says anything?What is about people that makes them obey the one who steals from them?

Am I the only one who feels this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment