Monday, 25 July 2011
Not all those who wander are lost
Listening to a song today I realized I'm going to embrace my lonerness. I always thought of it as something that disabled me. That secluded me. That made me feel like I don't fit. That I would eventually learn to adapt and transform and become like all the social butterfly girls I see everyday. But for some reason listening to this beautiful, just beautiful husky song that swayed me even in my seat, I realized I will never fit. I will never be "normal". I will never trade personality for clothes. I will never trade soul for popularity. I will never trade my inner geek for being flawless. I will be a loner. Music and the way it empowers me, makes me feel, makes me dance and bounce in a public place, has given me the confidence to rock being a loner. I must overcome my bullshit fear of not looking good or appearing collected and just be happy being lost. Happy being a wanderer. Because not all those who wander are lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Man, I love the way you put things. I love the titles of your posts too. Man, sorry I never wrote you back for son long. I am a loner too. I love you Tina West. Let`s be loners...together sweet pea
ReplyDelete