Monday, 11 June 2012

Or maybe for each other

I have this friend who is always letting me down. She's the type of wild child who's always getting trashed, changing boyfriends, and will bite your head off just five minutes after she says she loves you just by saying the wrong thing to her.

We went partying one night awhile back. She brought along her favourite boy toy of the night and because she was dancing with other boys he got jealous and like most testosterone filled idiots started a fight. He got kicked out of course and she went running after him. Little did I know since I had lost them in the crowd. The best part was she had my wallet and phone in her bag since we had combined them at the coat check. So there I was, at 3AM.  Stranded. With no money or phone and no where near home. Thank god my aunt lived liked 20 minutes away because I walked there and she gratefully let me stay overnight.

The next morning I called my MIA girlfriend, and it basically took everything in me not to scream, "What the fuck?"
She simply said she took a cab home after the whole ordeal even though she knew she had all my stuff. This was the part where I literally did say "WHAT THE FUCK!"

Now this is a pretty loud warning sign. Something that should say this person isn't good for you. In fact I got shit from my whole family after my Aunt let slip about my random overnight sleepover at 3 AM. They all said that girl is bad news. Bad friend. Bad Bad Bad.

The honest thing is, she's just lost. She's not a bad person she just reacts more violently and more drastically because she is more sensitive and feels the world more intensely then everyone else allows themselves to.

The truth is though I love her. She is extreme. And so am I. We are both lost souls. We don't have those things that make people love you. We are not talented, or driven, or beautiful, or rich.

We are just people. Bare and lost in this crazy forest of unknown paths.

I love all the people like her and me. I love you because I know what it is like to long to have identity, or be going somewhere on purpose, but you trapped in where you are. And it painful to know you are still there.

I love you whoever you are who feels like you need a career or something or someone to be noticeable. I understand this world is hard, and usually hard on the heart, but I feel like if I won't give up on her, despite that she hurts me, maybe someone will do the same for you. Or for me. Or maybe for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment